Happy Canada Day Everyone! As you are outside enjoying the holiday, maybe get a few tips on how to make the most of your summer. I read a lot about this, because I often find myself in a funk after sitting on my butt staring at a computer screen all day.
I found this list on Cosmo’s website, meaning these tips are geared toward women, but many of them apply to men too.
Secrets to an Amazing Summer
1. When a random friend mentions that you’d be welcome at her family vacation house in Spain/the Virgin Islands/Italy, don’t just daydream about going. Book a flight.
2. Challenge a group of good-looking dudes to a beach volleyball game against you and your girls. Win or lose, you’ll have met a bevy of prospects.
3. Spring for the outdoor massage.
4. Whenever you’re bored, find something free to do: cook-offs, concerts in the park, local produce-themed festivals. These goofball ideas create the most fun, memorable moments.
5. Don’t just go to a bonfire — learn how to build one.
6. Avoid that impossible end-of-summer photo-sharing task by uploading your shots after every wild weekend.
7. Don’t go on vacation with a coworker whom you only sort of like.
8. Get pedicures in colors you have at home so you can always do touch-ups on the cheap yourself.
9. Go ahead and download that cheesy, inescapable dance-pop hit you secretly love. Anytime it plays in shuffle, you’ll have great summer flashbacks.
10. Play at least one game of Marco Polo, campfireside Chubby Bunnies, and that paddle thing.
11. If you’re away from your bf — for a week or the whole summer — use it as extended foreplay. Think up smoldering ways to flirt from afar so your reunion will be even hotter.
12. Take a day trip…by yourself. Enjoy the company.
13. Make a little extra time for your pal with the convertible, nudge nudge.
14. You know that really great bud whom you talk to less because she moved away? Reconnect with her.
15. Take a random midweek day off work. You’ll stress less about weekend trips because you’ll have that time to catch up on stuff at home.
16. Get a few cute tanks in bright colors: hot pink, lime green, cobalt. They’re stylish and affordable, and you’ll stand out in those inevitable party pictures.
17. Reality check: You can dump a bad-news guy, even if you have travel plans together. Yeah, when you’ve been focused on the trip, it seems jarring to consider, but it’s so worth it compared to feeling free.
18. Pick a great position from Cosmo’s Aqua Kama Sutra. Try it outside.
19. Institute a summertime ritual with your friends, like twice-a-month gimlet Tuesdays. You won’t all make every one, but it’ll give you a place to pop by, check in, and make new memories.
20. When you see a cute guy at the beach, tell him he looks hot, and offer him an icy drink from your cooler.
21. Leave your cell phone off for an entire day. What’s the worst that can happen? Guess you’ll find out.