I am hopelessly flawed. My car is always a mess, I never floss, I don’t have a savings or retirement account, my clothes are never hung up right away and spend days on the floor and I rarely make my bed. These are all small things that when they add up lead to chaos and stress in my life. Yesterday I was extremely sick and spent my entire day on the couch doing absolutely nothing and I hated every minute of it (except for cuddling with boyfriend). As I lay there I thought maybe I wouldn’t have gotten sick if I had been better about taking my daily multivitamin (which I always forget), so I vowed I was going to be better about doing all the things I should to be a happy, healthy and productive girl. Here are some of my goals:
- Stop wasting so much time online reading blogs/articles (I read about 25 on a daily basis) Save those for breaks or toward the end of the day when my brain is dyeing anyway
- Exceed goals/projects my supervisor sets for me. Don’t do just the bare minimum
- Speak up!! I was raised Mormon which means old men were always right and deep down I still have that deference. I need to stop and speak u[p and argue when I think they are wrong
- Find a mentor. A strong, connected woman in the community who can answer questions and help me achieve my career goals
- Start networking!!!!!! I am so bad at this because I think professional networking is so fake, but it works! So I have got to get on it
- Get my marketing firm up and running once and for all. I have my website almost finished all I need are the proper licenses. So I need to get on it
- Start a damn savings account!
- Get an RRSP going
- Stop blowing so much money eating out. Buy groceries and plan my meals
- Take way better care of it. Don’t leave garbage, wash/vacuum it regularly
- Do all the engine stuff on time
- Get back to 140 where you belong!
- Take a daily multivitamin
- Floss every day!
- Register for a race to motivate myself
- Begin doing 3 distance runs per week in the morning before the work day starts
- Get schedule organized with ipad or get a smartphone and put entire schedule on that.
- Find a non-profit to volunteer your skills to