So Monday was my first ball game with Boyfriends team. I was so freaking nervous because he and his team take this pretty seriously. We have had a few practices and I embarrassed myself by screaming and ducking when the ball came to close to me. With lots of extra practices from Boyfriend and his buddy Winter, I am not ducking anymore but I still lack some serious coordination skills.
I have never played a sport with a ball!! I did swimming, figure skating, gymnastics, cheer, cross country, track and triathlons. None of which required a ball!
The game wasn’t too bad. I played Rover so the ball never came to me so I didn’t have to worry about screaming and ducking. And I was the only girl to successfully make it first base!! But while I was sprinting for it…. I tripped on the base and did an aerial somersault before skidding across the gravel. See, no one told me that the bases aren’t actually soft bags, they are hard plastic! I have a nice scrape over half my shin from not knowing that.
Boyfriend said he had never seen anyone’s face redder in his whole life! But I felt a little better after another girl on our team, who has been playing for years took a ball to the face.
We have another game tonight and I’m hoping with one under my belt, I’ll be okay now.
I am hopelessly flawed. My car is always a mess, I never floss, I don’t have a savings or retirement account, my clothes are never hung up right away and spend days on the floor and I rarely make my bed. These are all small things that when they add up lead to chaos and stress in my life. Yesterday I was extremely sick and spent my entire day on the couch doing absolutely nothing and I hated every minute of it (except for cuddling with boyfriend). As I lay there I thought maybe I wouldn’t have gotten sick if I had been better about taking my daily multivitamin (which I always forget), so I vowed I was going to be better about doing all the things I should to be a happy, healthy and productive girl. Here are some of my goals:
- Stop wasting so much time online reading blogs/articles (I read about 25 on a daily basis) Save those for breaks or toward the end of the day when my brain is dyeing anyway
- Exceed goals/projects my supervisor sets for me. Don’t do just the bare minimum
- Speak up!! I was raised Mormon which means old men were always right and deep down I still have that deference. I need to stop and speak u[p and argue when I think they are wrong
- Find a mentor. A strong, connected woman in the community who can answer questions and help me achieve my career goals
- Start networking!!!!!! I am so bad at this because I think professional networking is so fake, but it works! So I have got to get on it
- Get my marketing firm up and running once and for all. I have my website almost finished all I need are the proper licenses. So I need to get on it
- Start a damn savings account!
- Get an RRSP going
- Stop blowing so much money eating out. Buy groceries and plan my meals
- Take way better care of it. Don’t leave garbage, wash/vacuum it regularly
- Do all the engine stuff on time
- Get back to 140 where you belong!
- Take a daily multivitamin
- Floss every day!
- Register for a race to motivate myself
- Begin doing 3 distance runs per week in the morning before the work day starts
- Get schedule organized with ipad or get a smartphone and put entire schedule on that.
- Find a non-profit to volunteer your skills to